This page provides a link to the companion website for Healthcare Operations Management. – 2nd Edition This book’s main companion is currently hosted by Health Administration Press here.
About Healthcare Operations Management
This book focuses on operations management and the strategic implementation of programs, techniques, and tools for reducing costs and improving quality. It not only covers the basics of operations management, and explains how operations and process improvement relate to contemporary healthcare trends, such as evidence-based medicine and pay-for-performance. The book’s practical approach includes real-world examples to illustrate concepts and explanations of software tools that solve operational problems.
This second edition has been thoroughly revised to address current issues facing healthcare managers. Major revisions include extensive updates to the chapters on statistical tools, Six Sigma, and the Lean enterprise. The chapter on project management now includes information on agile project management, and the chapter on scheduling and capacity management has been substantially rewritten and expanded. A new chapter on improving financial performance with operations management has been added.
- Aligns strategic and operational goals, including the use of project management tools and balanced-scorecard techniques to execute and monitor projects
- Thoroughly explores performance tools, techniques, and programs, including Six Sigma, the Lean enterprise, and simulation
- Applies process improvement tools to supply chain management, scheduling, and other healthcare issues
- Includes chapter overviews, a running glossary, discussion questions, and problems for each chapter
Companion website includes:
- Supplemental chapter material that includes: various Excel templates, tutorials, exercises, and PowerPoint slides.
- Links to the cited articles and books listed in the text, as well as useful links to topics relating to the text.
Instructor Resources: Test Bank, answers or discussions points for the end-of-chapter questions and exercises, teaching tips, and recommended teaching cases.
Purchase the book
Students may also rent this edition as an electronic textbook with access for 180 days. Visit coursesmart.com for more information.
This book may also be purchased as a textbook with perpetual electronic access. Visit cafescribe.com for more information.